- See How to secure PC using Best Anti-virus
Uses of 2-step verification
- If anyone hacks your password they cannot log in in to your mail with out your mobile.
- Things to remember before turn on 2-step authentication.It is very helpful for every one to secure email accounts.
2 things you must know before using 2-step verification
- If you don’t have your mobile with you or even if your mobile don’t have charging or signal you can’t get a code and you can’t log in.
- Google is very smart so they kept a 2 very good alternatives for this type of problems.
- You can use more than one numbers to turn on this feature so that if one of your phone/number is not working than you can use another number(you’ve to add your all number before turn it on).
- Then you may be thinking if you don’t have any mobile with you then what to do.
- Don’t forget as i mentioned there is another best alternative is there that is you can generate 10 backup codes whenever you want.You should know about Gmail backup codes.
Another thing you should consider – if you want to log in in to any Gmail apps in your phones or in G talk you will not get a code instead of code they you can generate a password in security settings called Application specific password.You have to generate this code instantly from your settings.Don’t worry this one time setup.If you enter this Application specific password for the first time in your mail apps that is enough.you don’t need to do this every time for applications.
- Register with 2 or more mobile numbers.
- Always keep your backup codes in wallet.
- So,Are you ready to secure your Gmail ?
How to setup 2-step verification?
- First log in into Gmail.
Go to Account settings.
- Go to security tab as shown in figure.
- Then you will see a new page go down in that page then you will see options like in below image.
- Then you will get a page like below.
- Then select your country and enter your number then click send code.you will code a code enter that code in step 2.
- In step 3 you will get a option trust this computer.If you put tick mark there you don’t need to enter codes next time in that computer.Select this option when you’re using your computer only.
- Click on Next >> then click on confirm.
- That’s it you’re done.D
- If you want to get backup codes
- Go to settings >>security >>2-step verification >>click on edit then you will get a page like in the image click on the marked section.You will get codes save them in your PC and write down them in another paper.
- Don’t forget to follow us on Google+,Facebook & Subscribe to get latest tips.
- Improve your PC download speeds with IDM